Make a Summer Fitness Routine...Stick!
5 of Zeke's Steps to make your energy through Spring, power into your Summer!
Physical activity can reduce your risk of chronic disease, improve your balance and coordination, help you lose weight - even improve your sleep habits and self-esteem.
Some fitness routines are started due to medical reasons; others start to obtain the lost balance.
For whatever reason you have to start a fitness routine, there are some easy steps to get you started:
1. Assess Your Fitness Level:
- Benchmarks measure progress. Set Goals
- Record your beginning heart rate in a resting state
- Time yourself in walking one mile
- Record the number of pushups you can do
- And a few stats: your waist circumference and body mass
2. Develop a Fitness Plan:
- Consider your goals
- Decide on the frequency and duration you can maintain
- Choose balanced and varying activities
Guess on the recovery time you may need. You may find you need more at first if you are starting a brand new routine, but then you may decide you can do more; push and motivate yourself to be your best!
- Most importantly, don't forget to right your plan down
3. Pick the Right Materials and Equipment:
- Having the right shoes and investing in equipment that you are enjoy can maximize your experience.
4. Practice the Fitness Plan and Stay on Point:
Start slow and build gradually. Break things up in 15 minute intervals throughout the day if its easier. And don't overdo it. If you are feeling shortness of breath, nausea, dizziness or pain, you are probably pushing yourself too hard.
5. Monitor your Progress and Adjust:
Reassess your fitness level six weeks after you start and then every three to six months. You may notice that you need to increase the amount of time you exercise in order to continue improving.
Most importantly, never give up! We are available to help you stay accountable, focused, and motivated. There is always something that we can discuss; a nutritional or exercise improvement we can reshape, mold, and develop to get the plan working again for you!